Overall, I grew.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Moved more than an hour away from my parents.
Shaved my hair real short.
Took the subway to work.
Intimate things which shall not be discussed here.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions?
Sort of. I made the generic "Try to lose weight/get in shape."
I've lost 10 lbs, not in worse shape than I was.
2b. will you make more for next year?
I don't know, i never really "Make a Resolution!", I just sorta set vague mental directions to head in.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Someone close to someone I'm close to did...
4. Did anyone close to you die?
quite a few.
Both of my grandfathers, may they RIP. *pours a bullfrog out for one and a Coors Light out for the other*
My second cousin, younger than me. Freaky, but not real close.
5. What countries did you visit?
The Confederate States of America.
Oh, wait. they came to me, does that count? >_<
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A job I enjoy.
Time and space to do projects that I think of.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm bad with dates, but August 13th is when we moved to Boston. that'll stick for a bit.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Breaking out on my own (with prosicated), moving to a new city, public transit to work... lots of major change for me, and I'm usually really bad at change. I rolled with it and everything went well. I'm proud of how smooth the transition went.
9. What was your biggest failure?
failure to find a worthwhile job. complacency in the face of a paycheck.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
mmm, dunno. did i? Not really that I can remember, other than some sniffles.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Beer brewing supplies and my new camera.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Curtlepine roxored her first semester of grad school, and even held it together during finals. I was very impressed.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Republican/Christian/Diebold rigging of the election.
do NOT comment on this, I'm not discussing it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving expenses, new camera, RENT.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Relationships! Boston! Beer! Maui!
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Crooked Still - Angeline the Baker, and/or Dirty Vegas - Days Go By
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? hmm. Neither.
ii. thinner or fatter? Very slightly thinner, but it's not really noticeable.
iii. richer or poorer? living day-to-day as usual. Some interest accrual in my long-term savings account. woo.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Played more Frisbee. Quality time at Badgerhaus. art. job-searching.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating. Or nothing. There simply needs to be more time in a day.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my immediate family in the morning, and my family + cousins in the evening.
21. What LJ users did you meet?
tpunk, komos, starflow, cosmicserpent, and a couple more Bostononians whose LJs I haven't looked up yet.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Alton Brown (Good Eats) on The Food Network. The man is a kitchen geek, he's fabulous.
I want to be him.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't really hate anyone, but I don't think anyone got added to my "annoyance" list either.
26. What was the best book you read?
"The Sparrow" (again), the first 4 of "The Gunslinger" series (Stephen King), and a dozen more earlier in the year.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Playing bass drunk means that you fail to notice when your fingers develop massive blisters until it's far too late.
28. What did you want and get?
a place to live, my camera, love.
29. What did you want and not get?
a 26-28 hour day.
Honestly it was a pretty good year, and I'm good at setting my wishes and expectations to meet reality.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmm. probably The Incredibles.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
24 years old. go me. and I honestly don't remember what I did. I think I went to my parents' house.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A different election outcome.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
same as always. comfy or business comfy, depending on occasion.
34. What kept you sane?
prosicated and gravity.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
none, not really drawn to celebrity.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ukraine election. If they could force a new vote, why couldn't we?
37. Who did you miss?
grandfathers and grandmother
38. Who was the best new person you met?
hmm, dunno really. very open-ended vague question, so I'll disregard it.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Corporations suck. stay away.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don't know any song lyrics, but i'll try to come up with something for you.