Here are the memorable points of my 2005:
*Took a real vacation with prosicated to Maui. It was quite lovely.
*Got a new job which I'm mostly enjoying, and have room to grow in.
*Adopted 2 Spaz-cats.
*Turned 1/4 of a century old (25!!!)
*Somewhat legalized my relationship with the prosicated via a domestic partnership thing. ^_^
*In a role reversal, we had my parents over for a holiday (thanksgiving).
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Had an apartment really become home in a way that our philly apartment never was.
Have an office with a door, not a cubicle.
Lots of little things.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions?
I rarely make real resolutions.
I'm in no better physical shape than I was last year, so my half-assed resolution failed as usual.
2b. will you make more for 2006?
Same one. I hope to actually start working out a bit this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Physically close... When we were in Maui, my brother-in-law's cousin who's house we were staying right next to gave birth... heh.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Let's see. I think my second grandfather died in the fall of '04, not '05. Could be wrong though, I have a terrible memory for dates.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A band that plays gigs occasionally. More friends to hang out with.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
If I had a head for dates... (see question 4. heh.)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
going out and meeting a band, and playing with them. That took a lot of outgoing-ness which I don't usually possess.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Taking too long to realize I hated my previous job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
For myself: Fretless bass guitar.
For both of us: the kittens.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
erm. I don't think I've ever celebrated anyone's behavior.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The current government/administration. Every time you thought they were doing terribly, they did something worse.
14. Where did most of your money go?
rent, food, travel/transportation.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Not much. how often to you see me get really, really excited? seriously?
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Dresden Dolls - Coin Operated Boy. This is only due to the fact that prosicated sang it quite a bit. I knew the lyrics before I'd ever heard the song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? about equal.
ii. thinner or fatter? roughly the same. It's my chunky time of year, what with the holidays and all.
iii. richer or poorer? About the same. A little more overhanging CC debt, but overall better off.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Stayed in touch with people. I'm terrible at that.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
wasting time and money on frivolous things.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family as I always have. 25 years running for the 4 of us together on dec. 25th.
21. What LJ users did you meet? (for the first time)
justamy, the entire MND crowd, and I think that's it.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
No, just kept the same loves.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I really try to avoid TV. But the food network... Good Eats and Iron Chef. Also, the new Boondocks cartoon rocks my socks. I do love that man...
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. I dislike a few people who I didn't know at this time last year, but no true hatreds have developed.
26. What was the best book you read?
hah. as if I could narrow it down.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I can still play the bass reasonably well. That, and everything at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival.
28. What did you want and get?
A better/happier job, people to play music with, a fretless bass guitar, and numerous little things.
29. What did you want and not get?
Big things. Like a house, a wood workshop, more free time, a few million dollars...
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Meh. Rarely see new movies. I think I watched "Hero" this year for the first time, although that might have been last year. Regardless, that would work.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. prosicated took me to meet two non-lj-ed friends at a great restaurant (which has since been firebombed, so you know it was good) in JP. Then we had cake. It was good.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A few million dollars and a personal teleporter.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
34. What kept you sane?
prosicated, fuzzy kittens, music.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Big Brother, and this administration's blatant disregard for basic human rights.
37. Who did you miss?
Family, Badgerhausians, my grandmother who died 7 years ago.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Didn't meet a lot of new people I don't think. Probably the drummer in my band, he's a very cool guy.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Keep an eye on what you're doing. It might be making you miserable and you just don't know it.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Don't wanna be an American idiot."