So far, London is lovely if a bit dreary and wet.
We've really just trod around the central part of London mostly, but I feel we did it a decent bit of justice for only having two days to do so.
- Walked the Strand/Fleet street, ogled old(ish) buildings, discovered Prosicated's camera no longer functional. Regretted not hauling along my whole photo kit.
- Hit St. Pauls Cathedral, walked all the way up to the top (counted nearly 500 steps all told), amazing view of the city!
- Then we wandered and meandered over to the Borough Market and availed ourselves of lots of local tasty. Bread, cheese, meats, fruits, turkish delights, hard cider (which turned out to suck), and some British and Belgian beers.
- Went back to the hotel after a good bit more meandering and had ourselves a lovely feast. Watched the latest Potter movie which we missed in theaters. (First miss!) They did it well, excellent fight scene which didn't translate as well in the book. Lots of eye candy.
- Wandered Regent st. and Soho in the morning, got some apparently exclusive British tea at some poncey department store. Found a decent pub to grab some food at, discovered the beauty of English cask ales. Oh my.
- Wandered over to Buckingham Palace, giggled at the uppity guards, checked out Westminster, houses of Parliment, etc., and made our way back up the Thames along the embankment.
- Went to hotel room, researched a pub for dinner, sent to it. Discovered that it was a sister pub to the one we had lunch at, and had the same menu. Doh! Ordered different food, sent back Prosicated's icy onion tart and got some lovely bangers and mash for her instead. Had yet more lovely cask ales.
- Went back to hotel, finished off the remaining beers from Borough Market, crashed.
Monday: back to work for me, Prosicated's checking out more of town and meeting a friend for dinner while I go out with work folk. (Whee office politics!)
Tomorrow: morning of work then onto a plane.
First pet peeve about London, their insistance on having a separate faucet for hot and cold in sinks.
Work's picking up again, back to it.
Oh, nearly forgot my current earbug!
Check out http://www.myspace.com/airtistmusic
"naturalbiodynamictranceproject" / Electroacoustic.
Didgeridoo, jew's harp, and a beatboxer doing 'techno/dance' style stuff.
Current Location: london office